By Ashley Tapley, House Candy Home (Design. Color. Staging)
Did you know that houses with black front doors sell on average for $6000 more?
As a color consultant, designer and stager I spend a lot of time thinking about how to make things look great and how to maximize profits with color choices.
- Make a stunning first impression.
- Look expensive and communicate luxury.
- Conceal dirt. All those annoying smudges just aren’t as visible on a black door.
Things to think about when you paint your doors black:
- Whether to paint the trim black too. Painting the trim and the door the same color make the door appear larger which can enhance the entry. If you have nice trim, then leave it the trim color and only paint the door panel.
- Whether to paint the inside of the door black as well. It’s a really current look. Having items look current in a home that is on the market is always a good idea. It shows that things have been kept up-to-date in the home.
Some other fun paint facts are that listings with neutral wall colors accented by dark pops of color sell for more money. Homes with red or brown wall colors can sell for less than expected.